04 Apr SH LUZ Report 2018 March
- On February 14, the Planning Commission approved the townhomes at 2473 South 700 East. The driveway was moved to the North, rather than the South side of the project, which made it more appealing.
- On February 28, the Planning Commission approved changes to Conditional Building and Site Design Process, and approved the Phase 1 and Phase 2 of the townhomes at 2965 Richmond Street.
- On March 28, the Planning Commission approved the rezone map amendment to the master plan and the planned development for 1316 Downington Avenue.
There is a new project being built at 660 East Wilmington Avenue, which we did not see, this was an over the counter permit. Called the Brixten Apartments, I am trying to find details.
Planning has had a request from the SL Tennis and Swim Club for a change to the zoning ordinance increasing the size of allowed signs in the Open Space Zone along a freeway to be 200 square feet, instead of 60 square feet. This was on the SLC Open House agenda March 15 and our LUZ meeting March 19. This will be on the Planning Commission Agenda probably May 23.
Stealth antennas – The city has made a ruling that stealth antennas disguised as light poles cannot be taller than 16’.
The next meeting of the Land Use and Zoning Committee will be in the Legacy Building in the Fairmont Room at 6 p.m on March 19.
Agenda items will be:
- A request for a change to the Maximum Area per Sign Face for flat signs in Open Space Districts to be as large as 200 square feet.
- A Text Amendment for Lot Width Standards in Multi-Family Residential Zoning Districts.
- An administrative decision that says stealth antennas with an antenna built into a light pole can have a max height of 16’.