November 28, 2018
Sugarmont Apartments—Boulder Ventures
- Start date: Fall of 2017
- Update: The form of the full project is in place with most of the work now occurring inside the structure. Periodic lane closures, particularly north bound, may occur as large trucks baring materials enter or leave the work site. Flagmen are on hand to assist traffic on these occasions. WB Sugarmont is temporarily closed to vehicle traffic, however, bike and pedestrian traffic is open
- completion: Spring 2019
- Location: Project borders Sugarmont and McClelland St.
- Start date: TBD
- Update: Preliminary plans have now been submitted by the new owners of the property that previously contained the Dixon Building. The plans show a five-story building containing 200 luxury apartments with the ground floor dedicated to retail, including restaurants and a bike shop. Plans are still under the final design process and pending approval.
- completion: TBD
- Project description: Mixed use residential.
- Location: 2200 S. Highland Drive
The Fairmont (Lowe Development)
- Start date: Early 2019
- completion: Late 2020
- Project description: Residential-66 units
- Location: Elm & McClellan
Springhill Suites—Woodbury Corp.
- Start date: March 2018
- Update: Construction continues with the structure nearly filling up the property and rapidly going vertical. Most of the staging for the project is occurring from the south, at the far eastern end of the shopping center. Dominion Natural Gas has requested permission from the City to cut a trench across the east end of Wilmington, from back of sidewalk, north side, to tie into a main gas line connecting it to the future hotel. The request was to start the project this week. Permission was refused based on holiday restrictions of road construction projects and will instead be taking place in early January. One lane of traffic in each direction must be maintained throughout the project, estimated to take 10-14 days.
- completion: Mid 2019
- Project description: 110 room extended stay hotel
- Location: 1220 E. Wilmington Ave.
1000 East/2100 South apartment project
- Start date: Spring 2017
- Update: this project is completed and open for business.
- completion: Fall of 2018
- Project description: Residential, 170 Unit apartment building
- Location: 100 E./2100 S.
Westport Capital Project (former Shopko Site)
- Start date: Summer 2017
- Update: The east side of the project, the University of Utah Medical, is now taking its full shape and beginning to fill in. The five-story commercial office building planned for the south side of the property is also nearing fully formed. Excavation and forming for the seven-story, mixed use apartment building, slated for the west side of the property, is also underway.
- completion (first phase): Summer of 2019
- Project description: U of U Medical Clinic/Commercial Office Space/Residential
- Location: Former Shopko site
Cowboy Partners Townhouse Project
- Start date: Spring 2017
- Update: The new units are now fully in place with exteriors near complete and work has begun on the interiors.
- completion: Early 2019
- Project description: 67 Townhouse residential
- Location: 650 E./Wilmington Ave.
Brixton Flats (700 East Streetcar Station Project)
- Start date: Fall 2017
- Update: Construction is now fully underway and is taking shape with framing underway.
- completion: Spring 2019
- Streetcar Line-Wilmington Ave./700 E.
- Project description: Mixed use development. 93 residential units above ground floor retail. Office space, a workout room, and general assembly room will front on Wilmington. While demolition and construction proceeds on the site, the Salt Lake Bicycle shop, currently housed on the 700 East frontage of the property, will temporarily move into the former Deseret Industries Building on Sugarmont. They will move back into a brand new facility upon completion as part of the collection of ground floor retailers.
- Location: Wilmington Ave./ 700 E.
Salt Lake City Costume Properties LLC
- Start date: August 2018
- Project update: Work is continuing on the retrofitting of the existing structure into a residential apartment building.
- completion: Early summer 2019
- Location: 1700 S./1100 E.
- Project description: Building re-model/expansion into nineteen apartment units.
Sugar House Fire Station
- Start date: Late summer 2017
- Project update: This project is completed and open for business.
- completion: Late summer 2018
- Location: 2350 s. 900 East
1300 East Waterline replacement
- Start date: Mid/Late July 2018
- Project update: Work began 7/25 and moved rapidly from the 2100 S/1300 E. intersection northward, now approaching 1300 S., and occurring on the east side of the street. Traffic impacts were felt as the project worked from the 2100 S. intersection northward for the first two blocks, but conditions have improved substantially since most of the project has now been occurring at night. At 1300 S. the project will cross to the west side and move back northward to 1700 South.
- Completion: Early 2019
- Project Description: SLC Public Utilities will be replacing a 100+ year old waterline running under 1300 East.
- Location: 1300 East, 1300 S./2100 S.
1300 East Road Re-construction project
- Start date: April/May 2019
- Completion: Summer of 2020
- Project Description: SLC Engineering will be taking up the old roadway, including the long buried former concrete road, and replacing it with a new concrete surface.
- Location: 1300 E./1300 S. – 1300 E./2100 S.
- Start date: June 2018
- Project update: this project is complete and open for business.
- Completion: Late fall of 2018
- Converting former Training Table Restaurant to a Starbucks Coffee/Verizon retail store.
- Location: Simpson Ave./1300 E.
Hawk Light installations
- Start Date: November 2018
- Project Update: Initial staging for the first unit, including trenching across 2100 S. for power connections at 800 East, was completed just prior to Thanksgiving. Work has now suspended until after the holidays and will resume right after New Years.
- Completion: Spring 2018.
- One of three Hawk Lights to be installed along the 2100 S. corridor to provide additional pedestrian safety.
Wilmington Traffic Signal Project
- Start date: January 2019
- Completion: Feb.-March 2019
- Four new traffic control signals will be installed at the corner of Wilmington and Highland Drive to accommodate the new western extension of Wilmington through the Boulder Ventures/Lowes residential projects.
For questions or reporting issues or concerns contact: Bill Knowles, SLC Community Ombudsman: 801-580-2626; firstname.lastname@example.org