29 Nov Construction Projects
Sugar House Construction Projects
January 20, 2023
Sugar Alley – Lowe Development
- Start date: Fall 2020.
- Update: Currently, demolition of the remains of the old structure is continuing on the site, and is expected to last, possibly, a couple of months. At last report the owners have committed to re-building the structure as soon as possible. This will be a five-story building containing 200 luxury apartments with the ground floor dedicated to retail, including restaurants and a bike shop.
- Est. completion: TBD.
- Project description: Mixed use residential.
- Location: 2200 S. Highland Drive.
Izzy South & North
- Start Date: Late January ’22.
- Update: Both Izzys are very busy!Structures are rising rapidlyon both thenorth and south sites. Utility installations for the Izzy North project are complete. The majority of utility work has been completed on Izzy South, but continuing for another week or two. The outside EB lane is closed but will re-open upon completion of utility work. The outside WB lane will remain closed throughout the project to accommodate safe access in and out of the site for material delivery and work trucks.
- Est. Completion: Fall of ’23.
- Project description: 2-70+ unit residential, townhomes and single floor, with small commercial component on west end, ground floor.
- Project Location: Approx. 550 E./2100 S.
I-80 Freeway re-construction
- Start Date: Mid-May 2021.
- Update: Construction is moving forward with the traffic now moved to the center/south lanes of the roadway while work on the WB outside lanes between 1500 E. and 2300 E. begins. Preparations are now underway for the replacement of the 1300 East bridge, to take place late March/early April.
- Est. Completion: Late fall 2023.
- Project Description: UDOT will be replacing 50+ year old, worn out, pavement from 1300 East to 2300 East. The project will also include replacing brides at 1300, 1700, and 20000 East.
- Project Location: 1300 East to 2300 East.
- Start Date: Mid-June 2021
- Update: Pedestrian access on both sides of the project has been cleaned up and restored! Utility installations and connections have been completed and should reduce , if not totally eliminate, the need for any additional disruptions to vehicle and pedestrian access in the area. The project has nearly filled in the entire site with structures on both the north end of the property and the south side.
- Est. Completion: Late spring 2023
- Project Description: Multi-unit residential.
- Location: 2000 E./2100 S.
Alta Terra (Former 24 Hour Fitness
- Start Date: Early June, 2022.
- Update: This two-part project is now under construction with foundations and the structure is rapidly taking on the south site. The north site has now been fully excavated and will soon begin installing foundations. Vehicle/pedestrian access is currently restricted to the east end of Ashton Ave. The sidewalk along the frontage of the south side property will be closed for safety due to the heavy truck and machinery traffic entering and leaving the project and adjacent staging area.
- Est. Completion: Spring 2024.
- Project description: Residential (Approx. 340 units)
- Location: Ashton Ave./1100 E.
900 E./Sugarmont Project
- Start Date: 9/23/22.
- Update: The site is now in full construction mode.
- Est. Completion: Early Summer ‘24.
- Project Description: 4-Story, 45-unit apartment building.
- Location: Approx. 2200 S./900 E.
Former Art Studio Building
- Start Date: 8/22/22.
- Update: Now fully excavated with foundation and piles installed. Utility connections are still underway (but finishing soon) necessitating periodic closures of the WB lane at the intersection of Simpson/700 East.
- Est. Completion: Spring 2024.
- Project Description: Multi-unit (60+ units) residential.
- Location: 700 East/Simpson Ave.
New Projects Coming Soon
Start Date: Early Spring 2023.
Est. Completion: Late spring 2023.
Project Description: Resurfacing and adding complete street refinements to McClelland Street between 2100 S. and
2100 South Sewer/Water Line Replacement Project
- Start Date: Summer 2023.
- Est. Completion: Late 2023.
- Location: 2100 South/1100 East- 2100 South/ Yuma Street.
Highland Drive/1100 E. Re-Construction Project
- Start Date: Mid-February 2023.
- Est. Completion: Late summer 2023.
- Location: Highland Drive/I-80 Freeway-2100 South.
Former Snelgrove Ice Cream property
- Start Date: Early summer 2023.
- Update: Demolition of the old structures on site is completed and construction is set to begin mid-summer.
- Est. Completion: Mid2024.
- Project Description: Mixed use residential.
- Location: 2100 S./800-900 E.
Keep An Eye Out for Information On:
- Proposed project on 10th & Elm
- Proposed project at the old Midas Muffler site.
- Proposed project at the Wells Fargo Bank site.
For questions or reporting issues or concerns contact: Bill Knowles, SLC Community Ombudsman: 801-580-2626; Knowles.email@example.com