Updated report – July 25, 2018
Sugar House Construction Projects
Sugarmont Apartments—Boulder Ventures
- Start date: Fall of 2017
- Update: Currently under construction with the form of the full project in place. Periodic lane closures, particularly north bound, may occur as large trucks baring materials enter or leave the work site. Flagmen are on hand to assist traffic on these occasions. Sugarmont is re-opened to vehicle, bike, and pedestrian traffic, however periodic, brief closures may occur intermittingly throughout the remainder of the project. A full re-paving of McClellan will occur at the end of the project, estimated to be September/October .
- completion: Late 2018
- Location: Project borders Sugarmont and McClelland St.
- Start date: TBD, 2018
- Update: Preliminary plans have now been submitted by the new owners of the property that previously contained the Dixon Building. The plans show a five-story building containing 200 luxury apartments with the ground floor dedicated to retail, including restaurants and a bike shop. Plans are still under the final design process and pending approval.
- completion: TBD
- Project description: Mixed use residential.
- Location: 2200 S. Highland Drive
The Fairmont (Lowe Development)
- Start date: Early 2019
- completion: Late 2020
- Project description: Residential-66 units
- Location: Elm & McClellan
Springhill Suites—Woodbury Corp.
- Start date: March 2018
- Update: Construction is now underway and the structure is rising along the perimeter. Most of the staging for the project will occur from the south, at the far eastern end of the shopping center.
- completion: Mid 2019
- Project description: 110 room extended stay hotel
- Location: 1220 E. Wilmington Ave.
Wilmington sewer/road repair project
- Start date: Mid Feb 2018
- Update: Project complete.
- completion date: Mid-June, 2018
- Location: Wilmington Ave, Highland Drive-1300 E.
1000 East/2100 South apartment project
- Start date: Spring 2017
- Update: Safety requirements have dictated that the pedestrian access on the west block face be terminated temporarily. Pedestrian access along the north side of the project, facing 2100 S., is currently terminated while the covered walkway is removed and the new sidewalk is being re-placed. 1000 East will be closed to vehicle traffic during working hours, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. until the project is complete, late Sept./early Oct. Pedestrian access on the east side of the street remains open.
- completion: Fall of 2018
- Project description: Residential, 170 Unit apartment building
- Location: 100 E./2100 S.
Westport Capital Project (former Shopko Site)
- Start date: Summer 2017
- Update: The east side of the project, the University of Utah Medical Building, is now going vertical as well as the building on the south end of the project.
- completion: Summer of 2019
- Project description: U of U Medical Clinic/Commercial Office Space/Residential
- Location: Former Shopko site
Cowboy Partners Townhouse Project
- Start date: Spring 2017
- Update: The new units are now fully in place and work has begun on the interiors.
- completion: Late summer 2018
- Project description: 67 Townhouse residential
- Location: 650 E./Wilmington Ave.
700 East Streetcar Station Project ( Brixton Flats)
- Start date: Fall 2017
- Update: Construction is now fully underway and the should soon be going vertical.
- completion: Spring 2019
- Streetcar Line-Wilmington Ave./700 E.
- Project description: Mixed use development. 93 residential units above ground floor retail. Office space, a workout room, and general assembly room will front on Wilmington. While demolition and construction proceeds on the site, the Salt Lake Bicycle shop, currently housed on the 700 East frontage of the property, will temporarily move into the former Deseret Industries Building on Sugarmont. They will move back into a brand new facility upon completion as part of the collection of ground floor retailers.
- Location: Wilmington Ave./ 700 E.
Salt Lake City Costume Properties LLC
- Start date: TBD
- Project update: Awaiting final permit for change-of-use- zoning approval.
- completion: TBD
- Location: 1700 S./1100 E.
- Project description: Building re-model/expansion into nineteen apartment units.
Sugar House Fire Station
- Start date: Late summer 2017
- Project update: Currently on schedule to finish by late summer/fall
- completion: Late simmer 2018
- Location: 2350 s. 900 East
1300 East Waterline replacement
- Start date: Mid/Late July 2018
- Project update: The contractor has been hired who will also maintain a public outreach team to keep residents informed and address issues that may arise; traffic control plans are now being discussed; work should begin last week of July.
- Completion: Fall 2018
- Project Description: SLC Public Utilities will be replacing a 100+ year old waterline running under 1300 East.
- Location: 1300 East, 1300 S./2100 S.
For questions or reporting issues or concerns contact: Bill Knowles, SLC Community Ombudsman: 801-580-2626; email@example.com