17 Apr SH LUZ REPORT 2022 APRIL
Posted at 15:52h in LUZ Reports
- At our March 21 Land Use and Zoning Committee meeting (LUZ), we discussed an ADU at 617 Driggs Avenue, which is a conversion of a garage to an ADU. You can read the plans and provide a comment for me at https://www.sugarhousecouncil.org/adu617-east-driggs-avenue/.
- We also discussed the proposed Affordable Housing Overlay Zone. This is a city-wide change that has big ramifications to the structure and feel of our neighborhoods We don’t yet have to provide a written response for the Planning Commission, but we will in the coming months. Now is the time to give the city constructive feedback, so they can adjust the proposal accordingly. Please read it carefully, and you can provide comments at https://www.sugarhousecouncil.org/salt-lake-city-affordable-housing-overlayzone/
- WE NEED FEEDBACK ON THE PROPOSED 1583 STRATFORD REVISION. A
development agreement has been written, which completely changes the plans.
This will have another public hearing for the revised plan before the Planning Commission, before it goes back to the City Council. Read the changes and provide feedback here: https://www.sugarhousecouncil.org/1583-stratfordave/. We will let everyone who submitted a comment know about the next Planning Commission hearing as soon as we know the date.
- The former Sugar House Fire Station #3 has been rezoned by the City Council on March 1 to be CSHBD (Sugar House Business District Commercial) so it can be combined with the old DI parcel and redeveloped. We will have some input into what goes in that space.
- As you read this, we will have sent in our letter regarding the former Sizzler parcel and the proposed Kum and Go gas station. You can read the letter and the many comments we received If you haven’t yet commented, you can still make a comment using the form at the link. I can submit comments up to the day of the Planning Commission hearing. if you comment, I will send you notice of the date.
- At our April 21 LUZ meeting, we already have on the agenda an ADU to be built in a converted garage at 1852 E 2700 S.