02 Feb SH LUZ Report 2017 January
Posted at 00:11h in Committee Reports, Land Use & Zoning, Neighborhood Issues, Reports, Your Council
On December 13, the City Council rezoned the parcel at 3120 Richmond Drive to RMU-45. The property owner doesn’t yet know what he wants to do with the parcel.
On January 25 meeting the Salt Lake City Planning Commission took the following actions:
- Harmons Brickyard Fuel Center Planned Development at approximately 3200 South Richmond Street – A request by Kristen Voros of Design Sequence representing Harmons is requesting approval from the City for a new Fuel Center at the Harmons Brickyard store located at the above listed address. The property is zoned CS – Community Shopping, and this is an allowed use. This was approved.
- Sego Homes Roof Garden Planned Development at approximately 2594 South 800 East – A request by Wayne Corbridge, of Sego Homes, for a planned development to construct the “Roof Garden”. The development is proposed to be 5 townhome units of which four of the units would not have frontage on a public street, located at the above listed address. The subject property is located in theRMF-30 (Residential Multi-family) zoning district. Approved with conditions.
- Planned Development Ordinance Amendments – A request by the Salt Lake City Planning Commission to review and modify the Planned Development Ordinance. A Planned Development is a development approval process that allows the Planning Commission to modify zoning standards in an effort to get a better project than what could be allowed under strict zoning regulations. The process is regulated in Chapter 21A.55 of the Salt Lake City Zoning Ordinance. The Planning Division is reviewing the zoning regulations related to Planned Developments in an effort to: Ensure that the development is meeting a citywide planning objective; Ensure that the design of the project is compatible with adjacent development; and Clarify zoning regulations. Information regarding the proposed changes can be found at www.slcgov.com/planning/planning-current-projects. Related provisions of Title 21A-Zoning may also be amended as part of this petition. (Staff contact: Wayne Mills at (801)535-7282 or Wayne.email@example.com) A favorable decision was forwarded to City Council.
- 21st and 21st Small Area Plan – A City initiated petition to develop a small area plan for the 21st and 21st Business District. The project area extends along 2100 South from approximately 1900 East to 2300 East and includes all properties zoned CB Community Business or RMF-35 Moderate Density Multi-Family Residential. The project does not propose any changes to single family residential properties. The plan will establish goals and policies related to the future growth of the 21st and 21st neighborhood and will create design criteria for future private and public development. The draft plan can be reviewed at http://www.slcdocs.com/Planning/Projects/Current_Initiatives/21.pdf (Staff contact: John Anderson at (801)535-7214 or firstname.lastname@example.org.) A favorable decision was forwarded to the City Council.
- December 14, the Planning Commission approved final design plans for the facade of the Dixon Building 2188 Highland Drive.The proposed structure was approved by the Planning Commission on October 12, 2016 but the commission requested that the applicant return with more detailed plans for the lower two levels for final approval.
- The anticipated timeline for Fire Station #3 (2425 South 900 East) is as follows: Construction begin spring 2017 (March/April) with completion around September 2018. The contractor has not yet been selected.
AGENDA FOR FEBRUARY 13 MEETING OF THE SHCC LAND USE AND ZONING COMMITTEE
Homeless Resource Centers are a conditional use in zones where they are allowed. The city wants us to weigh in on what the qualifying provisions would be for such a use to be allowed. Click here for a link to the documents that explain this. http://www.slcdocs.com/ced/HRC/PLNPCM201600910Application.pdf.
The meeting will be at 6 p.m. in the Sprague Library meeting room.