27 Jun July 2017 Chair Report
Posted at 13:19h in Old Minutes & Reports
Meet Your Candidates: At our next meeting on July 5th we are going to give each District 7 candidate 5 minutes to talk. Come and meet your candidates! There will be two more opportunities to meet the District 7 candidates:
- Politics in the Park- July 15th, 8-10 am, Parley’s Way Park (2800 East Parley’s Way).
- Meet and Greet- July 27th, 6-8 pm, Jewett Center (Tanner Atrium on the Westminster Campus).
Shopko Block Update: Westport Capital “Shopko Block” is heading to the planning commission on June 28th. It was recently confirmed that the University of Utah is going to be one of the tenets of the two office buildings. Demolition will begin soon.
Trails Update: It looks like it is going to be closer to August when the Parley’s Trail will be completed. You can see updates at www.parleystrail.org.
UDOT: Check out this link for regular updates on the UDOT construction.
- The Sugar House Park fireworks are happening! Thanks to Apollo Burger for funding the event.
- Night Out Against Crime is returning to the East Side. The Sugar House Community Council along with several Sugar House entities are holding the event August 1st from 6-8 pm at Fairmont Park.
- To see all of the events occurring in Sugar House this summer please visit our website.
Survey from the University of Utah: We are inviting you to participate in a brief online study designed to assess citizen perspectives on the Salt Lake City Homeless Resource Site Location Initiative. The objective of this study is to gain greater insight into the public’s understanding of their roles as citizens in the formation and implementation of public policy, as well as the impact of administrative decision-making on public trust in government.
It should take approximately 5 minutes to complete the questionnaire.