23 May ADU (Accessory Dwelling Units) Updates
Salt Lake City has informed us that they are updating the Accessory Dwelling Ordinance, and want our input. This is the Notice Letter.
They have also provided us with the text for the new draft ordinance. Read this carefully, these are the changes:
This proposed ordinance makes the following amendments to Title 21A. Zoning:
- Strikes section 21A.40.200 and replaces it with new language.
- Changes how and where Accessory Dwelling Units can be created.
- Makes changes to size and form requirements.
- Adds alley activation requirements.
- Amends land use tables (Chapter 21A.33) to remove ADUs.
- Amends definitions (Chapter 21A.62) to include several new definitions, amend some existing definitions, and replace the current definition for Accessory Dwelling Unit.
- Amends section 21A.40.050 to update the standards for accessory building coverage.
- Amends Form-Based Districts (section 21A.27.030) to remove Detached Dwelling Units.
We will discuss these changes at our June 20 Land Use and Zoning (LUZ) Meeting. This will be by Zoom, and will begin at 6 p.m. If you want the link to the Zoom meeting, please fill in the comment form below.