26 Feb 1300 East Reconstruction
From August 2018 through January 2019 we replaced and rehabilitated the underground utilities to improve water and sewer services as part of a two-year effort to reconstruct this segment of 1300 East. This spring, we’ll begin to implement several roadway enhancements as part of the final phase. These will include:
- Replacement of deteriorated drive approaches and sidewalk segments
- Replacement of the pavement, curb and gutter
- Upgrades to storm drains and bus stops
A $14 million investment to pay for the project was made possible by Salt Lake City Public Utilities Water and Sewer Enterprise funds, gas tax funds, the City’s Capital Improvement Program, as well as federal funds, which are administered by the Utah Department of Transportation.
Overall Construction Schedule: summer 2018 – fall 2019*
Phase 1 – Utility Improvements
- Contractor Selection: spring 2018
- Construction: summer 2018 – early 2019
Phase 2 – Roadway Improvements
- Contractor Selection: early spring 2019
- Construction: spring 2019 – fall 2019
*This schedule is subject to change due to weather or unforeseen circumstances.
If you have any service requests during the project, such as garbage pick up or pothole repairs, please send them via Salt Lake City Mobile so they can be assigned and resolved as soon as possible. Otherwise, reach us at any time via the information listed below.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Hotline: 801-483-6898 | Website: www.slc.gov/mystreet/1300east
- Phase 1 – Utility Improvements Team: Natalie Moore, Jenni Oman and Chelsea Herrin
- Phase 2 – Roadway Improvements Team: John Coyle, Josh Thompson and Adan Carrillo
Stay informed and sign up for updates by emailing us with the word “Updates” on the subject line. You may also follow us on social media via @SLCGov to see posts about our progress using the #1300EastSLC hashtag.
+ Contacta Adan Carrillo si necesitas esta información en Español